Sometimes, we have no other choice but to stay up very late at night, but no one wants to go out with panda-like eyes. Makeup? Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work. Fortunately, you will easily gain back your confidence by using Aloe Vera for dark circles.
Things to know about dark circles
Many people believe the eyes are the path leading to the soul, and they are not wrong. You will look much more attractive with bright and expressive orbs, but what should you do when the skin underneath the eyes darkens and makes you look tired? Even when you have slept, the dark patches still show up – WHY?
The causes of dark circles
- Allergies. The probability of having dark circles are extra high for the majority of people who have nasal allergies since the area around their noses is swollen, which reduces the circulation of your blood. It explains why you can’t cover the dark spots with cosmetics – the problem isn’t the pigments of your skin.
- Aging. The aging process takes away the natural fat under the dermis and thins the layers significantly. Your skin will lose its tautness as well, forming a shallow, and the circles will look immensely darker.
- Hereditary. The thinness of the skin and the distribution of melanin come from genes.
You are very lucky if the dark eye bags come from your habits. Why do we choose to use Aloe Vera for dark circles? Read on to find out!
- Lack of sleep. It’s the most common cause of the panda eyes. Lacking sleep renders your blood unable to circulate. As a result, the skin won’t get enough nutrients. The dark circles are only the beginning, as they will eventually become wrinkles.
- Dehydration. When you suffer from dehydration, the veins will be ‘swollen’ and cause the purple shade around your eyes.
- Diet. A diet without necessary nutrients will leave your skin more vulnerable to damage from outside.
- Using stimulants. Cigarette, alcohol, caffeine, cocaine all have the ability to constrict the veins and prevent the blood from circulating.
- Sun exposure. The UV in sun rays will affect the melamine in your skin. Melamine is known to be the origin of uneven spots on the skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Dark Circles
The anti-inflammatory property in Aloe Vera helps to reduce dark circles around your eyes, as they can be considered mild swellings. Aloe Vera can control fluid retention and recover the natural state of the skin.
The richness of vitamin E and amino acids keep the skin moisturized and therefore prohibit the formation of wrinkles. Filling the expression lines is very important when we take care of the area near the eyes because it’s delicate and more prone to reveal the creases.
Aside from those precious effects, using Aloe Vera for dark circles prevents toxins from accumulating and causing infection. If you are thinking it has control over the flow of substances, you are right! It boosts blood circulation and promotes the regeneration of new cells. (1)
Things to use with Aloe Vera for Dark Circles
- It has more than enough vitamins, enzymes, and starch. These components nourish the fragile skin around the eyes and lower the chance of dark circles appearing.
- The anti-inflammatory nature effectively reduces puffiness.
- It can whiten the skin thanks to the bleaching agents.
- Potato also provides moisture and rejuvenates your look.
Aloe Vera is a great source of vitamin E but it doesn’t stop us from being greedy and adding some more. Why?
- Vitamin E nurtures every layer of the dermis and guarantees a glowing skin.
- Wrinkles easily and usually attack the eyes first, and vitamin E can reduce this misfortune by keeping your skin taut.
- It sounds soft and tender, however, the oil form we will be using is a powerful emollient that will save your skin from dirt and other impurities.
Aloe Vera for Dark Circle – Recipes
Potato & Aloe Vera for Dark Circles
- Potato paste: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Peel and cut the potato into small pieces.
- Blend the potato into a smooth paste.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Apply the cream to the area around your eyes and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm and clean water.
Vitamin E & Aloe Vera for Dark Circles
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 – 2 teaspoons
- Vitamin E: 1 tablet
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply the mixture around your eyes and massage gently for 1 minute. You can keep it on overnight or only half an hour before washing off with water.
Even though our recipes with Aloe Vera for dark circles are effective, you will see the positive outcome sooner if you maintain a healthy daily routine and adjust your diet with foods that your skin can benefit from. Do you want to try more beauty recipes? We have got your back!