We have discovered many recipes of Aloe Vera in skincare, but how about Aloe Vera for hair growth? Can it really fix the embarrassing bald patches and give you back the thick, luscious hair?
About Hair Loss
We typically have 100,000 locks of hair on our heads and lose 50 – 100 threads a day. The small loss isn’t significant. However, when the lost ones outnumber the new roots, you might start noticing the unusual loss. It can be the bundle of hair in the drain after you wash your hair or, more visibly, the patches of baldness.
The causes of hair loss
The most common cause is hereditary. If the majority of your family members experience baldness, you may take after this gene too. In this case, it can begin when your puberty starts and not necessarily when you have aged.
As mentioned, hair loss might be a result of a decrease in hair growth. It can be triggered by serious illnesses, traumatic events, surgeries. We call it ‘the fortunate case’ since your hair is likely to grow normally again without medical treatments. You can fix it by taking good care of the hair and trying recipes with banana, onion, or aloe vera for hair growth.
- Discontinuing taking birth control pills
- An extreme fever
- A massive weight loss
- An emotional shock
Diseases that leave scars on your scalp might lead to permanent hair loss.
Medical treatments for:
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- A lack of proteins and important nutrients.
- Hairstyles that pull at the hair roots and pressure the follicles.
- Trichotillomania: a hair-pulling disorder inciting people to pull out their hair.
How to prevent hair loss?
Besides seeing a doctor and going through medical procedures, there are many things you can do to prevent hair loss at home.
- Make sure your diet is balanced with sufficient amounts of protein and iron.
- Avoid hairstyles like braids, ponytails, or buns, basically anything that pulls at your scalp. Given enough time, they will damage your follicles immensely.
- Be careful when washing your hair. Try a baby shampoo and leave a one-day break in between, as daily hair-washing will strip the natural oils of the strands and make them very dry. Also, it’s better to pat the hair dry than rubbing it aggressively.
- Don’t use harsh products and tools on your hair. Even if it’s only the dryer, consider using the low-heat mode.
- Discover healthy recipes for hair growth and spend time trying them out!
Aloe Vera for Hair Growth
Aloe Vera has become a popular remedy for skincare and haircare, for you can easily find it everywhere or even grow it by yourself. It’s most known for the powerful healing properties over burns and shallow wounds. However, we shouldn’t underestimate its effect on hair and scalp.
The secret behind Aloe Vera’s healing effect is its ability to boost blood circulation to a designated area. If used on the scalp, blood will flow to your hair roots and strengthens them. It’s why breakage and loss of hair tremendously slow down when you apply Aloe Vera as a conditioner.
Aloe Vera is a remedy with the rich content of nutrients. The vitamins contribute to the cells and promote healthy growth, while the dose of collagen repairs the damage done by UV rays to your hair.
Unlike many products, Aloe Vera can deep cleanse oily hair by removing the sebum and the remnants of chemicals, without hurting the strands.
As a succulent, Aloe Vera contains a large amount of water, and it has anti-inflammatory properties, which help to hydrate the scalp and reduce the itchiness from dandruff.
Before using Aloe Vera for hair growth recipes, please make sure you are not allergic to it, although the number is little. Rub a piece of Aloe Vera on your forearm and wait for 2 hours to see if there’s any reaction.
Aloe Vera for Hair Growth Recipes
Onion & Aloe Vera for Hair Growth
- 1 onion
- Aloe Vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Essential oils
- Almond oil: ½ teaspoon
- Onion. Whether you enjoy its smell or not, it’s super healthy as food and beauty remedy. Onion nourishes the strands and the follicles with its sulfur content and also decreases the premature greying of hair with antioxidants. Aloe Vera might be a little too gentle when it comes to fighting against bacteria, but onion will cover up this flaw.
- Essential oils. Other than having a pleasant scent, essential oils can be very helpful in hair growth recipes, thanks to the unique and natural medical components they consist of.
- Skin the onion and cut into thin slices before blending into a paste.
- Use a piece of cloth and a colander to filter the waste and collect the juice only.
- Add Aloe Vera gel and essential oils, then mix them all up.
Pour the substance into a spray and spray it over your hair. Massage gently for 5 minutes and let the mixture can absorb evenly. You can keep it on for 30 minutes or overnight before rinsing off.
This hair growth recipe works best if you use it 3 times a week to enhance hair growth and reduce dandruff. It can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Olive Oil & Aloe Vera for Hair Growth
- Aloe Vera: 15cm
- Olive oil: ½ cup
- Olive oil. It works perfectly as a moisturizer for dry scalp and thus eliminates dandruff, which is a common cause of hair fall. The fatty acids keep your strands healthy from roots to tips, with a luscious and shiny look.
- Leave the skin on and cut the Aloe Vera into smaller pieces for easy blending.
- Pour the olive oil and the blended Aloe Vera into a pot and simmer with low heat until the green color turns brown.
- Use a colander to get the liquid only.
Apply the oil to your hair and massage your scalp gently for better absorption. Keep it on for half an hour before rinsing off.
You should use this recipe twice a week. Each batch can be stored in the refrigerator for a month. Aside from promoting hair growth, it’s also a great choice if you prefer smooth and straight hair.
Rose Water & Aloe Vera for Hair Growth
- Aloe Vera: 15cm
- Rose Water: 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E: 2 tablets
- Rose water. If we have to pick a champ in terms of moisture and oil control, rose water will be a competitive candidate. Whilst boosting the growth of hair, it repairs the previously done damage and guarantees flawless hair in the long run.
- Vitamin E. This vitamin has many uses, but the most essential benefit of its must be the promotion in collagen production, leading to the building of keratin – the main protein in your hair. It’s a cure for oily hair too.
- Remove the Aloe Vera’s skin and get the succulent for blending. Use a colander to filter the waste.
- Add rose water and stir evenly before transferring the substance to your spray.
- Squeeze the liquid vitamin E out of the tablets and bottle your recipe up.
Spray the mixture over your hair and massage gently for a few minutes. As it’s quite tender to the skin, you can leave it on overnight or rinse after 30 minutes.
If you have dry hair in addition to hair loss, this remedy will provide enough moisture to your hair as well as making it grow fast!
Pick the recipe of Aloe Vera for hair growth that suits you best and get ready to be amazed by the results! Don’t forget that we have plenty of beauty tips for you here! Stay healthy and beautiful!