Hair loss is not a problem for the elders only. Even though our hair is bound to break and fall as we get older, diets and habits play a significant role in this issue. Aside from trying our effective hair growth recipes, there are several actions you should take note of!
How to reduce hair loss?
Build a healthy diet
Hair is made of tissues, and proteins are very important in building them. You will need milk, fish, and eggs in your meals to assure your body isn’t lacking protein.
For snacks, berries and almonds will give you a sufficient dose of vitamin C & E, which are essential in the collagen production and the regeneration of the cells.
If you want to try nutrient tablets, don’t forget to ask for advice from doctors!
Say goodbye to unhealthy habits
Smoking, not drinking enough water, too much sun exposure, staying up late – they are the bane for a strong body, and they need to end.
Take good care of yourself
We highly recommend regular checkups with doctors, especially if you’re still young. In this case, hair loss might be related to complicated conditions, and professional help is much better.
Adopt the habit of exercising every day. In the short term, sweating out a bit will help you get rid of dirt and oil. Long term wise, physical exercise relieves stress (it causes hair loss more often than not!).
Treat your hair with care:
- Avoid too much change in your hair color.
- Moisturize when your hair is still wet to prevent breakage.
- If you don’t really need to style your hair with heat, don’t!
- Spend some time to make masks for hair. We have many hair growth recipes you can try at home!
Ingredients for Hair Growth Recipes
Banana & Egg for Hair
When it comes to minerals and nutrients, banana is a dominating powerhouse. Vitamins, metal elements, amino acids – for a fruit, it’s a full package. It can promote fast hair growth and repair damaged locks while keeping your scalp moisturized and controlling dandruff. (1)
If you use banana in hair growth recipes right, the nutrients can get into the pores and strengthen the roots. You will get your shiny and healthy strands back in no time!
Now, what can a good banana mask for hair provide?
- Creating a protection layer to block the damage from external environmental factors (heat, chemicals,…).
- Controlling the production of sebum, which is essential for healthy hair growth.
- Strengthening the follicles of the hair.
- Nourishing the volume of fine hair with its nutrients.
- Limiting breakage and split ends, so the hair loss issue won’t return and bother you!
- Giving your hair a natural glow and restoring its desirable softness.
To be specific, we will be using egg white in our recipe for hair growth. First of all, the white contains most of the protein, and all of the fat is in the yolk. We need protein for the reinforcement of tissues, including the hair.
Apparently, the rich protein content allows the egg white to easily remove excess oils from our scalp, subsequently boosting hair growth and fighting against dandruff.
When we combine egg white with a healthy ingredient like banana, we will have a fully effective mask for hair.
Pin the remedy: Are you looking for hair growth recipes? Do you know how to use banana masks for hair growth? Here are the best banana and egg recipe for hair growth. You can make this banana mask for hair growth remedies to make your hair grow faster. This DIY hair growth remedy will help you regrowth your hair. Don’t forget to share this Pin to your board and click follow to stay updated with the latest home remedies for hair growth. bananamaksforhair #bananamask #hairgrowthremedy #thehablife.
Onion & Ginger for Hair
While many people hesitate to use onion juice for hair because of its smell, no one can deny the benefits it brings. Scientists have determined a high concentration of sulfur in onion. Not only our hair, but our body also needs sufficient sulfur.
Amino acids usually contain sulfur. These acids form proteins (especially keratin, which is extremely rich in sulfur), and we need proteins to grow strong hair.
Some believe onion also regulates blood circulation and increases blood supply to the follicles, thus maintaining a vigorous scalp and strengthening the whole lengths of the locks.
The sulfur content encourages collagen production too. As you might have heard of it anytime, collagen is necessary for healthy cells and fast regeneration.
- Onion isn’t for sensitive skin. It’s quite caustic even for people who aren’t allergic to it.
- Don’t use onion juice if your hair loss is actually alopecia or baldness.
Ginger might be an unfamiliar name when it comes to hair care. However, rumor has it that this spice has positive effects in improving hair growth.
For a lot of people, ginger can clear up conditions on the scalp and, in turn, boost the growth of new, healthy strands. This benefit comes from the anti-inflammation properties, although scientific proves are yet to be revealed.
Ginger has fatty acids that cure dry hair and add a natural glow to the texture. (2)
Another important note: hair loss probably is a result of underlying hair conditions. Natural ingredients like ginger might not be able to help.
- Rub a piece of ginger on your elbow first and wait for 24 hours. If you have any skin reaction (rash, hive, itch, burn,…), don’t use it.
- Recipes for hair using ginger are meant for a topical basis. Taking ginger by mouth might lead to cramps, heartburn, abundant gas, diarrhea.
Rice Water & Castor Oil for Hair
This water is the liquid left after you cook or soak the rice. Don’t let it go to waste! This water still has many of the nutrients contained in rice like vitamin B & E, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants.
A huge trove of nutrients surely will nourish the follicles and fix the damaged cells. Besides, the antioxidant properties can eliminate toxins accumulating on the scalp. If premature alopecia is your problem, rice water is worth considering in your hair growth recipes.
Nevertheless, this decoction might feel very dry if your scalp doesn’t have enough moisture.
Since we have mentioned the drying effect of rice water, there has to be an additional ingredient to fix this flaw in hair growth recipes. We choose castor oil, a nutritious vegetable oil extracted from castor beans.
The molecular structure of castor oil is long-chained fatty acids, which provide essential nutrients and prevent the inflammation in hair follicles.
A study shows that castor oil stimulates and increases the dilation of blood vessels. To put it more simply, it pumps more blood to your follicle and hair root.
However, castor oil isn’t recommended for folks who are dealing with dandruff.
How to make hair grow fast?
Hair Growth Recipes #1: Banana & Egg
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- Yogurt: 1 teaspoon
- Skin the banana and slice into thinner slices. Use a pestle to crush for a smooth paste.
- Separate the egg white and mix it with banana paste along with yogurt.
Apply this mask onto your hair and leave it on for half an hour before rinsing off.
You should use the recipes once a week for fast hair growth with enough moisture and shine.
Hair Growth Recipes #2: Onion & Ginger
- 1 onion
- 5cm ginger
- Essential oils
- Remove the onion’s skin and cut it into thin pieces. Repeat the process with the ginger.
- Blend the sliced ingredients well then use a colander to extract the juice only.
- Add several drops of essential oils to reduce the smell of onion.
Pour the substance into a spray and spray it over your hair. Massage gently for 2 minutes so the mixture can absorb evenly. You can keep it on for 30 minutes or overnight before rinsing off.
This hair growth recipe works best if you use it 3 times a week to reduce hair loss and protect your scalp. It can be stored in your refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Hair Growth Recipes #3: Rice Water & Castor Oil
- Rice: ½ cup
- Castor oil: 1 teaspoon
- Wash the rice with clean water.
- Soak the rice in the water again and seal the bow with nylon food cover for 2 hours.
- Take the diaphanous water only. Pour it into your spray.
- Add castor oil and shake the jar up so the ingredients can blend together.
Spray it over your scalp and massage for a few minutes. You can keep it on for 30 minutes or overnight before rinsing off.
Use this recipe once every two weeks for unexpectedly fast hair growth!
Follow our instructions and your hair will be lustrous again really soon! If you want more hair growth recipes for flexibility, check our collection out!