Anyone who experiences regular back pain knows how debilitating it can be. Even if it’s just mild, back pain can stop you from being productive and being able to finish all the tasks on your to-do list. Besides interrupting your days, back pain is super uncomfortable. There are many ways to deal with and treat back pain, but if you want a solution that’s natural and effective, an infrared heating pad is a way to go!
What is an infrared heating pad?
You’re probably familiar with standard heating pads, whether you’ve used one yourself, or simply seen them in your local drugstore. Perhaps, however, an infrared heating pad is something you haven’t yet come across. You’ll be surprised to learn that it is simpler than it sounds.
An infrared heating pad, when you’re looking at it, will look a lot like a standard heating pad, but it is the technology that is used, which makes it different. First of all, infrared heating pads are much safer than your standard electric heating pads because they do not produce an electromagnetic field (EMF), which can be dangerous for your health. 1
Like regular electric heating pads, infrared heating pads come in different models and designs. What may seem different to you about infrared heating pads, is that many of them are designed almost like yoga mats, that is, they are large enough for your whole body to receive treatment. This is because infrared heat therapy provides benefits for your whole body, not just your back.
When asking what an infrared heating pad is, the most important thing to learn is how they work.
How do infrared heating pads work?
It is the way in which infrared heating pads work to provide back pain, which sets them apart from standard heating pads. While you will still operate your far infrared heating pad by plugging it into a standard electrical outlet, the output is what will be completely different.
Infrared heating pads utilize infrared rays in order to provide heat therapy to your body. These rays are part of the spectrum of rays emitted by the sun. They are invisible, so you can’t see them, but you can certainly feel their heat. Don’t be scared away when you hear that these rays are part of the sun’s spectrum. They do not emit any UV radiation, whatsoever. So, there’s no need to worry about damaging your skin.
Infrared Heat Therapy – for Long Term Relief From All Type of Chronic Joint Pain
The majority of infrared heating pads use far-infrared rays, so you will likely find yourself choosing an FIR heating pad. The reason that far-infrared heat therapy is so effective, is because these rays are able to safely penetrate all layers of the human body to provide healing benefits.
Infrared heating pads use these rays to treat your back pain, while delivering many other benefits to your body, as well. Naturally, these infrared rays are invisible, but you will notice that many infrared heating pads use colored lights, which are often red. This is to give you confirmation that your heating pad is working properly.
Maybe you like: Infrared Saunas Infrared Sauna Benefits & Risks: The Ultimate Guide 2018
Benefits of Using Infrared Heating Pads for Back Pain
Since you’ve heard about using infrared heating pads for back pain, you must realize that there are proven benefits that push people to seek this form of treatment. You’re right, there have been many studies that have shown the effectiveness of using infrared heating pads to treat back pain. (2)
There are many reasons to use infrared heating pads to treat your back pain. One of the best things about choosing this method of treatment is that you are sure to reap a collection of other benefits, not regarding your back pain, as well.
The benefits of using an infrared heating pad include:
- Natural Pain Relief: whether it is for your back, or another part of your body, the best thing about using infrared heating pads, is that they provide you with drug-free pain relief. Though there are numerous medications you can use for pain relief, they are not natural, and may cause undesirable side effects. Infrared heating pads are completely safe and natural.
- Detoxification: along with experiencing pain relief after using your infrared heating pad, you will see, over time, that your body begins to function more effectively. This is because infrared heat therapy works to eliminate toxins from your body.
- Weight Loss: if you’re struggling to lose weight, despite trying, using infrared heat therapy will provide you with an extra boost.
- Better Immune System Functioning: since the infrared heat raises your body’s temperature, it is almost like inducing a fever state. This prompts your body to increase its defenses, therefore strengthening your immune system.
- Less Stress and Better Sleep: infrared heating pads work to relax your muscles, which leads to feeling more relaxed and makes falling and staying asleep easier.
- Cardio Power: if you use your infrared heating pad regularly, over time, it can become just like engaging in a cardio workout.
When you think about the additional benefits you stand to gain in addition to treating your back pain, infrared heating pads seem like the ideal choice of treatment method.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Infrared Heating Pad
If you’ve decided that you’re ready to try an infrared heating pad to treat and improve your back pain, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind while you search for the right pad for you. You will notice during your search, that there are different models with various features. You want to choose one that best fits your lifestyle.
Here are a few factors to consider:
- Type of Infrared Heating Pad: the two main types of infrared heating pads you will come across are those made with jade and those made with tourmaline or amethyst crystals. Both types are effective, and the main difference is that crystal pads give off negative ions in addition to heat therapy. Choosing an infrared jade heating pad may be your best bet, as they are more affordable and come in a variety of sizes.
- Size: it will be up to you to decide if you want to invest in an infrared heating pad that is designed solely for use on your back, or if you want to use one that is more like a full-body mat.
- Temperature Settings: think about how much control you want to have over adjusting your heating pad’s temperature.
- Timer: you may be interested in using an infrared heating pad which comes with a built-in timer so that you can relax fully during treatment without worrying about keeping time.
- Safety Measures: when dealing with electrical heating products, having an overheating protection function can be be very important.
- Price: know your budget and stick to it. You will be able to find exactly what you need in your budget, so just specify it from the beginning to save yourself time.
These simple factors will send you on a smooth and successful search for the right infrared heating pad for you.
Top 5 Best Infrared Heating Pads
The time has come for you to explore your best options when it comes to choosing an infrared heating pad. Check out the top 5:
1. UTK® Far Infrared Natural Jade Heating Pad for pain relief,Medium(21”x31”)
If you’re looking for ultimate flexibility in how and when you use your infrared heating pad, then you will want to try the UTK Natural Jade Heating Pad in a medium size. This pad can be used while lying down, sitting in a chair, and you can even wrap it around a specific part of your body.
This heating pad is extremely safe, as it has passed an FDA audit and emits minimal levels of EMF. You get the best of both worlds with this jade infrared pad, which also gives off negative ions for added benefits.
This UTK pad provides you with all the safety and convenience you need. It has an auto-shut-off feature to ensure that you do not burn yourself, and also comes with adjustable temperature settings, a timer, and a helpful controller.
2. Far Infrared Electric Heating Pad W/ Graphene Fast Heating Film
Made with graphene, this infrared heating pad will provide you with pure infrared heat to treat pain in your back and other parts of your body. You can lie on top of the pad, or wrap it around your back and stomach to treat two areas at once. This pad is made from very safe material, so you do not need to worry about experiencing electrical burns.
You can choose between three heat settings and set your timer to your desired duration. Just in case you fall asleep, the pad has an auto-shutoff function which will prevent overheating, and turn the pad off after an hour of use.
For an affordable price, you get an effective infrared heating pad, which is also easy to keep clean as the fabric cover is detachable.
3. Far Infrared Amethyst Mat Midsize (59″L x 24″W)
You may be looking to make a larger investment in a full-body pad that will provide you with optimal treatment for a long time to come. If that sounds like you, then you should take a look at this amethyst infrared heating pad. It is large enough for you to treat your whole body while lying down and has a cover that protects you against EMF emissions.
The digital controller allows you to control heat settings, as you are covered by overheat protection. The mat comes with a waterproof cover to avoid any damage to the pad from sweat or accidental spills.
When you choose to invest in this pad, it is risk-free, as you are guaranteed your money back, if you are not satisfied, and your purchase is covered with a two-year warranty. You can also rest assured that any troubles you experience will be addressed quickly by the company’s customer service.
4. HealthyLine Far Infrared Heating Pad|Natural Jade & Tourmaline Healing Pad 32″X 20″
Do you like the sound of both jade and crystal infrared heating pads? Then this pad will give you all you could want, as it is made with both jade and tourmaline for optimal heat therapy. Healthline has created a heating pad that is FDA-registered so you can feel safe using it to treat your back pain.
Made with 50 stones, this pad will provide strong relief of your back pain, while also giving you other health benefits. If you find that your back pain is interfering with your ability to sleep well, you can try sleeping through the night on top of this pad.
You will have control of your preferred heat settings with the included controller, so you can adjust your therapy without having to stand up! Don’t be alarmed if you find your pet relaxing on the pad when you’ve just finished! It is safe for pets, and they enjoy it too.
5. BriteLeafs Far Infrared Therapeutic Rechargeable Cordless Pain Relief Heating Pad
Not everyone wants to use an infrared heating pad that requires you to lie down. If you are one of those people, then you will want to try BriteLeafs FIR heating pad. This is a pad you can wrap around your back and stomach for treatment, and continue about your day.
With two heat settings, this cordless and portable provides options, while being practical for traveling or busy schedules. No need to worry about watching the clock too often while using this infrared pad, as you can wear it for 2 to 4 hours, depending on which heat setting you to choose.
If you like to use infrared heating pads to treat your back pain and find yourself traveling often, this could be the ideal investment for you.
There is no better way to deal with back pain than a natural one. Without needing to worry about side effects, while still receiving the best possible treatment, along with extra benefits, infrared heating pads are a convenient and effective way to treat your back pain. Go on and get started with your search!
1 thought on “TOP 5 Best Infrared Heating Pad For Back Pain Relief 2021: Reviews & Buying Guide”
Thanks a lot for sharing such a helpful info. I personally very crazy about the technology & always buy such innovative products but there are plenty of products available in the market and I usually got confused between them. You have clearly described features of all these heating pads which is really helpful. Thanks for sharing.