Oat, or oatmeal, is a powerful warrior in the war against overweight and obesity. Have you really known about its effects on your body? As usual, we will bring interesting pieces of information and present a new, delicious recipe: oat smoothie for weight loss.
Why do we use oat for weight loss?
We believe the best way to convince you about the benefits of oat for dieting is by showing you its nutrient percentages first.
- A cup of cooked oat provides you with 150 calories, 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and the necessary serving of grain.
- Nutrients wise, oatmeal is fairly rich in metallic elements like iron, copper, magnesium, calcium, and many more.
- A good source of fiber.
What wonders do those components do to your weight loss plan?
- Like many types of fiber, the beta-glucan in oatmeal controls the hunger, so you will feel satiated for a longer time and not tempted to consume more food.
- The amount of nutrients you will receive is fairly good compared to the calories per serving.
However, as you might see on the internet, the oatmeal diet doesn’t work in the long term. It isn’t enough to keep you energized for the whole day. In the first phase, everything will seem like a dream. But when it goes on, you will feel more tired. Eventually, the urge to eat more and satisfy your craving will win, and that’s why a lot of people end up gaining more weight.
If you have these health problems, we don’t recommend oatmeal for diet:
- Kidney stones
- Chronic problems: cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease
- Difficulty in maintaining and controlling weight
To make up for the flaw of using oat to lose weight, we will use several ingredients: avocado, orange, and fresh milk. Not only do they taste great but they also have beneficial properties.
Avocado for weight loss
According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner Shilpa Arora: the fats that you eat make up the majority of your cell walls, so a low fat or a no-fat diet makes your cell wall inflexible and extremely difficult for nutrients to pass through and feed your cells. Not all fats are harmful to your body. You only need to know the difference.
The plant-based fats in avocado are healthy for our heart and efficient in keeping the satiety longer. In a study of the Journal Internal Medicine Review, researchers have found out that people who consume avocado are less likely to be overweight.
Besides, avocado contains less carb and added sugar, which balance the insulin levels and reduce homocysteine. They play a part in the causes of cardiovascular diseases.
The vitamin and metal contents in avocado are no joke either: copper, potassium, magnesium, E, C, B9, and dietary fiber. It will take you a good while to digest the fiber, but the nutrients will ensure your energy. (1)
Orange for weight loss
The researchers at Robarts Research Institute at Western University found out that having around two and a half glasses of orange juice a day could reverse obesity and reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Orange is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. and it means your health will be under protection, free from toxic and negative effects.
Recently, the scientists also discovered a molecule named ‘nobiletin’ in orange and tangerine that might boost the therapeutics to prevent obesity. Results from the experimented mice show a reduced level of insulin resistance and blood fats. (2)
Oat Smoothie for Weight Loss
- ½ cup of oat
- ½ avocado
- 1 orange
- 200ml sugar-free fresh milk
- Remove the avocado’s skin and slice it into smaller pieces.
- Peel the orange’s skin and cut as instructed.
- Add the fruits to the blender along with the oat and the fresh milk, then blend well.
- Use a sharp knife so you can cut the fruits neatly without squeezing the juice out of them.
- Enjoy this smoothie in the morning for the best effects as well as a refreshing day.
We hope you enjoy the video and the information we have about oat smoothie for weight loss. You can always check out our site and channel out for many healthy recipes to lose weight safely and effectively.