Sometimes, the seemingly ordinary things can be the most beneficial for you. Let’s part ways with the popular aloe vera, turmeric, or banana to learn more about a friend that might be in your cupboard already: the white, beautiful rice. I will show you how rice takes good care of your body and how to make rice mask for hair.
Benefits of Rice Mask for Hair
- It’s simple and easy to make, all you need is rice and water. We don’t want to buy a bunch of things for a DIY beauty recipe, which should give you a relaxing time.
- Rice is the most used grain, and the rice water we will be using is packed with nutrients like amino acids, vitamin E & B, minerals, and antioxidants. They nurture the follicles and repair the damaged cells, with the extra effect of resistance against toxins and control over premature gray hair as well as alopecia.
- Rice water also contains protein. It’s a remarkable remedy for curly hair with its efficiency in improving the condition and making the curls bouncy.
Caution: Rice water might have a side effect of drying your hair if overused, thus, once or twice a week will be a good choice. (1)
Damaged Hair: How bad is it?
You probably have heard a lot of people saying split ends will be the doom of your hair, but the damaged hair we are talking about is much more severe. The hair feels dry and looks frizzy because there are numerous cracks in the cuticle layer. (2)
Where did things go wrong?
I won’t be surprised if you are already aware of the causes leading to your damaged strands: bleach, heat, dye… If the reason is clear, it’s easier to figure out some solutions.
You use bleach to change your natural hair color – remove it, to be specific. It breaks the outside layer of your hair so the chemicals can reach deeper and eliminates the melanin that makes up the color. This treatment inevitably leaves the hair brittle and porous.
- First and foremost, avoid bleaching if you can. It’s one of the harshest treatment for the hair.
- If you insist on bleaching your hair, make sure you keep it well hydrated at least 2 weeks prior.
- Protect the hair from UV rays. The bleach turns the strands extremely susceptible and weak to UV damage.
- – Be careful when you go swimming. Wet your hair before you jump into the water and wash it as soon as possible afterward. There are many formulated products you can choose to use for the swimming pool.
- Try almond oil. It can rehydrate the frizzy hair and soften it.
Heat is the bane for hair fibers. It makes the cuticles swell and vulnerable to damage.
- Pick a product for heat protection. It helps to prevent split ends too.
- Regulate your surroundings. High temperature isn’t good for bleached hair, no matter where it comes from.
- Air dry your hair after washing instead of overusing the heat mode of the dryer. In case you have no choice, keep the dryer at a safe distance or use the heat-free mode.
- Use coconut oil. The molecules of this oil are smaller than the gaps between the cuticle’s particles, therefore, they can penetrate the layer and hydrate your hair thoroughly.
Although dying your hair is a brilliant way to beautify it. However, the consequences are serious. It removes the natural moisture of the strands and turns smoothness into coarseness.
- Stick to the recommended time gap between touch-ups and extend it if you can.
- Use a shampoo formulated for dyed hair. It will be better if you wash your hair with cool water since hot water makes the cuticle crack or rise, and the dye will leak out, causing the color to fade.
- Indulge yourself with salon treatment once in a while. It’s costly, yet the professionals will know the effect of dyes better than anyone.
- Don’t choose dyes that are too much lighter or darker than your natural hair. The bigger the difference, the harder to maintain.
- Olive oil for hair is worth considering as it gives you the moisture and regenerates the damaged strands.
Or, to make it much simpler, try our rice mark for hair! Read on for more instructions!
Do you still have bad hair even though you haven’t done those things to your hair? Let’s see if your issue is on our list and focus on treating it.
- You don’t have to wash your hair every day. The function of shampoo is to cleanse the oils and other remnants on your scalp. If you abuse it, you will lose the natural oil and the shine of the hair.
- Give jojoba oil a go! This oil is frequently used for conditioners, but you can add it to your products or apply it directly while your hair is damp.
- Never brush your hair when it’s still wet. Unlike what people think, wet hair breaks more easily and the consecutive strokes of the comb can cause damage to the threads.
- When you brush, do it less often and more carefully. It’s obvious that if you rush, you will end up pulling and tugging at the fragile strands furiously. It can lead to more damage than you think. Start from the roots and patiently untangle the knots!
- Moisturize your hair well. The main reason it tangles is the lack of natural oils. Usually, a conditioner will suffice.
- Make sure you are using a compatible product, as a harsh shampoo will rinse all the natural oils off.
- Wash your hair with cold water so the cuticle layer won’t be heated and opened up.
- The richness of vitamin A & E will reduce the breakage of the strands. You can try Argan oil, as it moisturizes well too.
You know your hair is brittle if the threads break under the lightest pressure, and it’s also very difficult to manage. Nonetheless, we have several suggestions:
- Avoid products like styling gels. They dry your hair and leave them extremely frail.
- Limit sun exposure. UV rays are a big threat, especially for light-colored hair. You should put a hat on and go for an anti-UV product.
- Plan a healthy diet. The nutrients in fruits, vegetables, and grains benefit our hair tremendously. Healthy food will ensure luscious hair in the long run.
- Give your brittle hair a break from bleaching, heat styling, dyeing, and chemical treatments in general. It needs a good rest to recover.
How to make rice mask for hair?
Changes in your habits will take time to show positive results, but you will see instant improvements if you pay more attention and spend more time taking care of your hair. Trying our simple masks and giving yourself a short break will put you in a good mood!
1. Prepare the cooked rice
We will need cooked rice in both of our masks for hair. After getting it done, you will be ready to move on to the blending step.
- Use clean water to wash the rice before discarding it.
- Cook the rice with more water than how you usually do. We need extremely sticky and soft rice for easy mixing. A useful tip is simmering the rice at low temperatures.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cooked rice.
2. Mix a rice mask for hair
- Add ½ cup coconut milk to the cooked rice and blend them well.
- Apply the mask to your hair and give it 30 minutes to absorb before rinsing it off.
This rice mask for damaged hair will also moisturize the threads and protect the scalp for a long-term effect. Why not try it today?
- Add 2 teaspoons of argan oil and a few drops of essential oil to the cooked rice and blend them well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for half an hour. However, it won’t do any harm if you have it overnight.
Aside from fixing damaged hair, you can also rely on this recipe for hair to cure hair loss.
That’s it for the details about damaged hair and how to make a rice mask for hair. Stay healthy and beautiful by discovering our effective tips and recipes for skincare and weight loss!