If you’re someone who never misses your weekly appointment at the nail salon, then you need to learn about the newest technique for nails. It’s called Signature Nail Systems. It has already gained popularity with many people, as it is a cost effective, simple process that won’t harm your nails in the long-term.
What is SNS Nails?
Just the short description of SNS Nails is enough to peak your interest, right? You’re probably wondering just what this nail system is exactly and how it works. Let us enlighten you!
SNS Nails is a nail dipping system, much like other processes that you have probably undergone before. The first step in the SNS Nails process is applying a brush-on gel base to the nail. Following the application of the base, the nail is then dipped in a powder.
The powder is available in a variety of colors and is made from organically-processed chemicals, including Benzoyl Peroxide, Titanium Dioxide and Acrylic Ester Polymer. Besides providing a nice look for your nails, the powder also works to strengthen them with each application.
What are the benefits of SNS Nails?
You’re probably asking yourself why you would choose to use the SNS Nails process rather than the process you usually choose. Well, though this process is just making its splash in the nail industry, the benefits are many and recognized.
The benefits you will reap when you follow the SNS Nails process include:
- Natural Look: the main thing that everyone is after when they get their nails done is a natural look. SNS Nails is thinner and smoother than more common options like shellac and acrylic, which results in a softer and more natural aesthetic.
- Durable: although the finished product feels very light on your nails, SNS Nails is actually very strong. This is a process that will provide both durability and flexibility, meaning that you won’t have to worry as much about ruining your manicure as you would with a traditional acrylic set.
- No UV Light: when it comes to skin safety, getting shellac manicures on a regular basis isn’t a great choice because your skin is exposed to UV lights to bond the shellac to the nail. SNS Nails is an overall safer process to use long-term, as there is no need for exposure to any UV light.
- Easy Maintenance: SNS Nails are very easy to maintain, especially if your lifestyle is not very rough. You can maintain your manicure as long as possible. Refilling the manicure once every two or three weeks is suggested for keeping it fresh and vibrant.
- Minimal Filing: there isn’t a need for much filing before the application of SNS Nails, unlike some other processes.
- Nail Strengthening: your nails will be supplied with calcium and vitamins A, E, D3 and B5 when you use SNS Nails.
- Simple Process: SNS Nails does not use a separate primer on your nails and the final manicure dries in just two minutes.
- Free of Toxins: one of the biggest issues with getting your nails done and keeping them painted, is that many nail products contain a collection of toxins. SNS Nails products are free of common toxins including parabens, phthalates, synthetic sulfate, triethanolamine, formaldehyde, toluene and DBP.
- Easy Self-Application: if you don’t want to spend your time at a salon, you can even get the sleek look of SNS Nails in the comfort of your own home. The process is quick and easy-to-follow using their products.
- Long-Lasting: a manicure using SNS Nails products is a great way to bring down your nail budget, as it will last much longer than other processes, as long as you take good care of your nails.
What are the side effects of SNS Nail?
Since SNS Nails uses less toxins than many other nail products, the side effects you are likely to experience are minimal. Not to mention that you eliminate the possible risk of skin damage from using UV light to dry the nails.
There is one main thing to keep in mind as what you could call a ‘side effect,’ although it has to do more with your own behavior.
It’s about how you remove the SNS Nails manicure. If you get your nails done frequently, then you know that removing polish and full manicures can be really damaging to your nails. That’s because many people don’t remove them properly!
When it comes to the removal of your SNS Nails manicure, there is a very specific process that needs to be followed, whether you do it at home or go to a salon.
- First, you need to sand of the gel surface of the nails. Do not simply try to peel it off, as that will cause layers of the natural nail to be removed, as well.
- After sanding, your nails must be soaked in acetone.
As long as you follow the proper removal process, there is very little chance that you will experience any negative side effects using SNS Nails.
Elements of SNS Nails
SNS Nails is a system and a brand that includes many different elements that all come together to form the name. Before your first SNS Nails experience, it’s helpful to be aware of everything this brand includes:
- SNS Nail Colors: you are not limited with your color options with SNS Nails. While they do offer the classic French manicure colors, their products also come in a wide range of brighter and darker colors to suit your personal preferences and style.
- SNS Manicure: this is the main process that is being referred to. It includes the use of different colors in various forms and the outcome of smooth and sleek nails.
- SNS Nail Kit: you can invest in your own SNS kit to perform manicures from the comfort of your own home. There are a collection of different kits for you to choose from, which include different styles and colors.
- SNS Powder Colors: the SNS dipping powders determine the color of your nails and there are many shades to choose from.
- SNS Liquids: there are a variety of different liquids used in the SNS manicure process including the gel base, gel top, sealer, various refills, bond, thinner and Lacquer matching.
How To Do Natural Set Dipping Powder:
Remember how we said that you can perform your own SNS Nails manicure from home? You can, and it’s super easy.
To make sure that you get the results you want, it’s a good idea to learn more about the process before you begin. All you need to know is the detailed steps you will need to follow. So, check them out:
- Set up your SNS Nails products in an organized way, so that they are easy for you to reach use. Open the powders ahead of time for easier dipping.
- The first thing you will want to do, is to make sure that your nails are clean, cut and filed as you’d like them.
- Before applying anything to your nails, take the time push back your cuticles and buff the nails, but not too much!
- You will now apply a thin, first layer of the Gel Base Coat. Make sure to paint the layer on as evenly as possible.
- Allow this layer to dry for one minute.
- When it has dried, completely, apply a second layer of the Gel Base Coat onto one nail. This layer should be of medium thickness.
- Immediately after applying the second base coat layer, dip the nail into your chosen colored powder.
- Repeat the application of the second, thicker base coat layer and dipping into powder for each nail, one at a time. Note: it’s important to apply the second base coat to one nail at a time for dipping, so you avoid the base drying and needing to reapplied, which would end in an uneven manicure.
- You will now see what your color will look like, but to get the full strength, you need to repeat the previous 3 steps for each nail. That is, after you have dipped all your nails into powder for the first time, you will once again apply a medium layer of base coat and dip each nail in the color powder, one at a time.
- Using a clean brush, dust off the extra powder from each layer, being careful not to disturb the powder that has stuck.
- Now, it is time to apply the liquid sealer to your nails. Take your time and apply an even layer on each nail.
- Allow the sealer to dry all the way.
- When the sealer is dry, shape and buff your nails.
- Apply a second layer of sealer onto the shaped and buffed nails.
- On top of the sealer, you will apply two thin layers of the Gel Top.
- After applying the Gel Top, you will want to allow your nails to fan dry for about 30 seconds.
- You can then apply the Nourisher and massage your hands and nails.
Keep in mind that if you have nail tip extensions, you will need to repeat the gel base and dip sequence three times instead of two.
As you can see, the process is pretty simple and you’ll have the hang of it in no time. When the time comes to update your color, SNS Nails recommends that you start from scratch, rather than trying to ‘refill.’
If you’re worried about hygiene or simply don’t want to dip your nails in the jars, you can try using a small spoon to sprinkle the powder over the nails. However, this will take more time and doesn’t produce the same quality results as standard dipping.
Remember: to remove your manicure, and the gel layers, then soak your nails in acetone.
SNS Nail Starter Kit Reviews
To get SNS Nails in your home, check out some of the most popular kits:
1. SNS dipping powders French Dip Kit
One of the most popular kits and color schemes, the French Dip Kit is ideal for you if you’re a beginner when it comes to at-home manicures or a student learning about doing nails. The kit includes all the SNS Nails product necessary to create a sleek French Manicure.
2. SNS Nails Pink & White Kit
This kit is great for a salon or home that has the majority of other products and tools necessary to complete a manicure. It provides the base, top, sealer and powder colors to create a pink and white manicure.
3. SNS Nails Gelous Color Kits, Nude Collection
If you have all the SNS liquids necessary to complete manicures and are looking to add colors to your collection, you can invest in this kit. It includes a range of dipping colors in nude shades.
SNS Dipping Powder
Add to your manicure collection with SNS dipping powders:
1. SNS Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid, No Primer, No UV Light – 56
For a classic color in your manicure, you can choose shade #56, a light pink. This dipping powder is meant to be used in the SNS Nails process and needs to UV light to dry. The shiny color will last up to 3 weeks.
2. SNS 267 Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid/Primer/UV Light
If you’re looking for a bolder color, shade #267 gives a pearl and bright look. This dipping powder is easily applied using the manicure steps and doesn’t leave any odor. You will be left with a shimmery finish.
3. SNS Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid, No Primer, No UV Light – 108
To break out the sparkles on your nails, choose shade #108. This silver-toned dipping powder will have everyone asking where you got your nails done. The shine of your manicure will speak for itself.
SNS Gelous Color
The SNS Gelous Color dips provide a more dramatic color profile for you to choose from:
1. SNS 152 Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid/Primer/UV Light
To beat the blues, put them on your nails with the SNS shade #152 of gelous color. This dip will work with the same standard manicure process you have learned and leave a bold statement on your nails.
2. SNS 189 Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid/Primer/UV Light
For a date night or serious work tone, try shade #189 in the gelous color collection. This dark and moody shade of red will make everyone around you take your seriously and want to get to know you better.
3. SNS 65 Nails Dipping Powder No Liquid/Primer/UV Light
When black just seems like the only way to go, use SNS gelous color shade #65. Your nails will be smooth, dark and sleek. This is a color you can rock with most of your day-to-day outfits.
Frequently Asked Questions About SNS Nails Products
How can I find SNS Nails near me?
You can do your own SNS manicures at home or go to a salon. To find a salon near you that performs SNS Nails manicures, reach out to local salons and ask if they use the process.
Why do my nails look cloudy?
If your manicure ends up looking cloudy, you may have applied too little or too much Gel. when you apply SNS liquids, be sure that you take your time to apply even layers.
How long does it take to do SNS Nails manicures?
The total time you will spend on the process of doing your SNS Nails manicure ranges from 20 to 30 minutes. Once you become accustomed to the process, it will take you less time.
Can I purchase larger sizes of products for my nail business?
SNS products come in the following sizes:
- Dipping Powders: 2, 4 and 16 ounce jars.
- Gelous Colors: 1 ounce containers.
- Liquids: 0.5 ounce and ounce refill bottles.
How can I maintain the hygiene of the dip if I plan to use it with more than one person?
It’s best to invest in a French Dip Mould so that you can separate some of the powder for use outside of the main container.
How do I make sure that my manicure doesn’t lift up and fall off?
Avoiding lifting up depends on proper preparation before manicure application. Make sure that you push back your cuticles and do not apply gel base over the cuticles.
What routine should I follow to keep my products in good shape?
You should clean your SNS liquid brushes with paper towel and wipe bottle necks with an acetone-moistened paper towel at the end of each day of use.
If you’re looking for a safer and healthier alternative to standard manicure treatments like shellac and acrylic, SNS Nails is the right choice for you. With SNS Nails, you will get a wide choice of colors and manicures that last longer than you’re used to for the same price. You can even get salon results when you do your nails by yourself at home!
1 thought on “SNS Nails (Signature Nail Systems) Review: Gelous Color, Dipping Powder, SNS Nail Kits”
how many time do u have to get the sns done before u nail become strongerr