First of all, hair turning white is common as you get older. The faded strands will slowly replace the brown, black, or red threads of your youthful hair, and you will notice how it becomes thin as well. But why do you have this problem when you are still young? How to treat gray hair at home? We have got your back!
Causes of premature gray hair
It will be very noticeable if you have dark hair. You might feel even more nervous if you are in your 20s or 30s, and I totally understand if you do! Depending on the causes, we probably will have a way to regain the pigmentation.
The core of the hair is white by nature. The color is from melanin, and it is genetic. The aging process also takes away the melanin, and your follicles can’t really produce much anymore.
If you spot some white strands at an early age, it’s very likely that your grandparents and parents have also faced this issue before. We can’t affect the genes, not with our natural remedies. However, you can choose the hair color you like.
A 2013 study found a relation between the depletion of hair and stress. Therefore, if you deal with a massive workload every day, it might be the culprit.
A few other consequences of stress that you should be aware of if you want to treat gray hair are:
- Lost appetite
- High blood pressure
- Trouble sleeping
- Acne breakouts
We all have known smoking is the shortest route to lung cancer and heart disease. In the long run, it also harms your hair. The effects smoking has on your body include the constriction of blood vessels. It reduces the blood flow nurturing the follicles and causes hair loss. Furthermore, the toxins of cigarettes will destroy hair follicles and turn your hair gray.
According to scientists, lacking calcium, vitamin D3, ferritin, metallic elements has a large impact on the early graying of the hair. They also suggest a supply of walnuts, fishes, seeds, and veggies provide the missing nutrients.
How to prevent gray hair?
If your problem comes from lifestyle, our job is much easier.
- Relieve yourself from stress by exercising regularly and getting enough sleep.
- Ask for your doctor’s advice on giving up smoking.
- For the diet, if you are not into the foods mentioned above, try supplements.
- Maintain healthy body weight.
- Avoid excess exposure to chemicals and pollution.
If it is because of the genes, you can try permanent or semi-permanent hair dyes. For people who want to protect their hair from damage of chemicals, natural dyes are another option.
Before you start jumping onto the train and try to treat gray hair, remember that natural aging is a beautiful process as well. That’s why there are products for gray hair! They give your hair enhancement and prevent it from turning into a brittle yellow shade. (1)
Ingredients to treat gray hair
We can confidently say that onion juice is one of the best ingredients for hair.
- It increases the enzyme named catalase, which helps to darken your hair.
- Onion is rich in sulfur as well as antifungal compounds. The priority of beauty tricks is cleansing and nurturing, so killing the germs and parasites will be very important.
- Aside from that, onion is known for providing necessary enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and regenerating hair follicles.
We need the kinds of toothpaste with peroxide. Combined with the sulfur compounds in onion juice, this remedy will be extra effective.
- The fruit is packed with vitamins, phytonutrients, and phosphorus. Those components fight bacteria extremely well.
- Those nutrients also nourish the follicles deeply and partially reduce the graying of the hair.
Coffee powder (optional)
Brunettes, this ingredient is what you need to treat gray hair and get the brown locks back naturally. It gives you a quick color boost, and you can rinse the coffee off anytime if the result isn’t pleasant enough.
A Remedy to Treat Gray Hair
- Onion juice: 1 tablespoon
- Toothpaste (with peroxide): 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Coffee powder: 1 teaspoon
- Peel the onion and grate the flesh into thin shreds. Grind them for juice.
- Squeeze the lemon(s) for juice.
- Mix the ingredients well and leave the mixture for 2 days so the fermentation can occur thoroughly.
- Once it’s ready, apply the substance to your scalp and massage it gently for it to absorb the ingredients. Keep it on for a few hours before rinsing off with water.
If you follow all our tips closely, you will see it’s not difficult to treat gray hair at all! If you like this content, consider leaving a like and subscribing to our channel to get the latest updates on beauty recipes!