We are back with a new set of recipes for weight loss drinks! You might find the combination unfamiliar at first, but we promise their benefits in reducing belly fat will convince you to try them out. Let’s start!
Why Do We Use These Ingredients?
Watermelon for Weight Loss Drinks
When someone talks about summer, many of us probably think of watermelon right away. It is delicious and refreshing enough to blow the heat of the sun away, but have you known about its benefits for your health? (1)
Each 100g of watermelon contains no more than 30 calories and 0 saturated fats. You can use it as a daily snack without worrying about gaining weight.
Watermelon has 92% of water and a decent amount of fiber. Don’t feel guilty to load up on it! These components will stay in your stomach and make you feel full for a good while until your stomach can digest them all.
We can’t rely on food to lose weight and neglect exercising. When you start working out, high chances are your muscles won’t be able to adjust to the exertion immediately. Watermelon will relieve the tensed muscles from pressure, thus you will feel ready to continue practicing.
Cucumber for Weight Loss Drinks
Other than the cooling effect, cucumber is popular for its antioxidant and detoxifying abilities as well. There are solid reasons why we use cucumber in our weight loss drinks. (2)
It’s almost compulsory for dietary ingredients to have as little calorie as possible, and cucumber – just like watermelon – has no fat and low calorie. You can use it in drinks and food for weight loss for more impact.
Thanks to its fiber and water content, cucumber is the enemy of constipation and indigestion. It eases the bloating feeling while still keeping you satisfied after the meals,
When we go on a diet, it’s better to avoid sugar as much as possible. You won’t have to worry about how much sugar cucumber contains because the content is totally negligible.
A detoxifying agent
Did you know that your belly looks bloated also because of the toxins building up in your body? Cucumber is diuretic. It helps to pass urine and flush out toxins continuously. At some point, this process can tighten your abdominal muscles.
Celery for Weight Loss Drinks
Rich in vitamins and minerals, celery juice for weight loss drinks are gaining so much attention from dieters.
It provides only 85 calories per 16 ounces (475 ml) (3). If you really want to lose weight, we highly recommend replacing your daily dose of soda or coffee with celery juice.
A supply of fiber and water
As mentioned above, fiber is essential in dietary foods, since it boosts digestion and reduces hunger. Furthermore, celery contains a remarkable amount of water and electrolytes that can deal with your bloating issue.
How to Prepare Your Drinks
Watermelon Juice for Weight Loss
- ¼ watermelon
- Mint leaves
- Honey: 1 teaspoon
- ½ lemon
- Mint. Although we use small quantities of mint leaves, it still contains significant amounts of nutrients like vitamin A, iron, folate, manganese, fiber. It has a pleasant smell and equally pleasant effects on your digestion and stress relief.
- Honey. It’s a form of sugar, but don’t be afraid! The refined sugar we usually use for cooking is considered ‘empty calories’ due to no nutrient included. However, honey is different. It ensures the supplies of minerals and vitamins you need. A study has shown that consuming a decent amount of honey even helps to burn calories more quickly.
- Lemon. It assists other ingredients to keep you hydrated and satiated, with a minor boost in metabolism.
- Remove the watermelon rind and cut it into smaller pieces. You would want to have a sharp knife so you can slice the watermelon easily and not lose too much of its juice.
- Add mint leaves, honey, and lemon juice before blending them all up.
Not only does it assist your weight loss journey, but it also improves the function of your digestive and hepatobiliary systems.
Cucumber Juice for Weight Loss
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Apple
- A piece of ginger
- Apple. Low calorie and high fiber content make apple become a powerful ingredient to lose some belly fat without side effects. It also contains polyphenols, which are essential in the conversion of all body fat.
- Ginger. Also used in small quantities, a little piece of ginger is enough to make you feel full longer and balance your blood sugar.
- Slice the ingredients into thinner pieces.
- Add some water and blend them into a smoothie.
Celery Juice for Weight Loss
- ½ green apple
- ½ pineapple
- Cut the celery into short pieces and soak in salt water for about 3 minutes.
- Skin the apple and cut the flesh for smaller parts.
- Remove the pineapple’s skin and core.
- Add water and blend the ingredients well.
For maximum results, you should drink this smoothie 30 minutes before breakfast or lunch.
Never forget to exercise and prepare healthy meals to make the most out of these weight loss drinks! Losing weight might seem urgent and necessary, but we should be thoughtful of our health and not rush the process only for a small decrease in the number.